During this week, it is when I start feeling my confidence and it becomes stronger as the days keep going. Starts to I could fulfill my lesson plans because I could see both groups during this week. For this week I had planned, a presentation about some tips to take into account before doing our video project and developing the scripts. After that, there was a space where students can work as a group and practice before recording in order to figure out different pronunciations difficulties and grammar mistakes in their scripts.
On one hand, with one group, there were some technical problems so in the end there was not enough time for them to work as a group. So, when this group had to practice, they actually worked as a group organizing details related to the project such as the characters, and how the story was going to be developed. Their level of interest was low because they had different assignments to achieve for the same week that the video project.
On the other hand, I was a bit surprised by the other group because the lesson plan was easy to follow without any technical problem. Actually, in the beginning, I thought that developing this plan with this group would be challenging, however, it was the other way around. They were more interesting related to the way of editing a video and how the characters had to participate in the story. It was relevant to figure out the high level of interest related to the project from the students in this group.
Time management has been always one drawback during my classes. Even, that I have heard, that during the class, a teacher should focus on how the students learn instead of how all activities planned are achieved during the exactly plan time. However, at the end of the class, or after some comments from my cooperator teacher and assessor, I have thought that what should be more important, how to manage the time and the number of activities that you can develop, or what the students can learn without time limit. As it is said, it is better the quality and not the quantity.
No comments:
Post a Comment