This week, there were high expectations. I had decided to motivate myself to give a class that I would like to receive when I was in high school. Unfortunately, there was a change in the schedule and with one group I had five hours class and with the other just three. ππ
On one hand, the first two hours I developed what I had planned; however, as the change of the schedule the time per each class changed too, and I was not aware of it. The ring was ringing out of time so I felt lost because I did not know when the class was about to finish. Besides, I had to implement some unplanned activities related to the topic to take advantage of time. Also, I had that day my first assessor's observation. I was not nervous at all, and I did not figure out when my assessor left. During the next two extra hours, I decided to take a song related to the topic but before I wanted to do some dynamic activities. The students were so motivated, they wanted to participate at the end of the class I felt proud that the students were having fun during my class. They loved the song, all of them did not stop singing. That was a very nice class, as it was an extra activity, I had not thought to do it with the other group but my cooperator teacher suggested me to do it. ππ
On the other hand, I changed the lesson implementing the extra activity that I made with the other group; expecting that this group was going to work as the other. However, it was the other way around; they were so talkative, distracted with other subjects, there was a moment where I had to call their attention. At the end of the class, I felt a bit disappointed because with this group I need to do the activities differently the next time. ππ
This week was not the best week because of the changes with the schedule, the number of hours with one group, and the discipline with one group. As my assessor suggested me to implement during those two extra hours as a time for practicing. First I thought It was unfair, but after the class... I am not sure if it was or not. π€π€
No comments:
Post a Comment