In the fourth week, time management is not improving. As it is common in the school where I'm doing my practicum, during this week I could achieve my lesson plan with one group. The schedule keeps rotating and it is sometimes difficult to see both groups in one week.
On one hand, I organized an activity where students were going to feel motivated, and it was with the idea that they can get an extra point. That’s something really takes students' motivation to a higher level. As it was a two hours class, there was some extra time where I implemented some games as the students did the activities faster than I thought so.
On the other hand, as the activity to motivate students worked with the other group, I decided to implement it to the other group. As I had expected, it worked! That made me feel a bit proud. Because I had always had some problems with this group because I have always perceived a disinterested attitude. However, as everything is not as good as it is expected. There was a moment where the students lost focus on the class. It has been difficult to control this group, and I think it is because I have not had many classes as with the other group.
After this week, I consider improving the quality of activities where I really need to involve the whole students and to motivate them... Besides, time management, how to organize and to take advantage of the time for each activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment